Gastroenterology is the medical specialty dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive system and the glandular organs that are involved in the digestive process (esophagus, stomach, liver, bile ducts, pancreas, small intestine, colon, rectum and anus).
AILMENTS, MEDICAL TESTS, DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
- Digestive problems: abdominal pain, food poisoning, diarrhea, constipation, digestive bleeding, gas, jaundice, gastroparesis, intestinal rhythm disorders, abdominal distension, gastroesophageal reflux, fecal incontinence, etc.
- Early diagnosis and prevention of colon cancer.
- Crohn’s disease.
- Diverticular disease.
- Helicobacter pylori infections.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Celiac disease and food intolerances.
- Liver diseases, pancreatic and biliary processes, etc.
- Gastroscopies and colonoscopies.