Nutrition and Dietetics
Nutrition is the science responsible for the study of all the physiological and biochemical processes involved in the assimilation of food, and its transformation into energy for the organism. It is also responsible for analysing the role played by nutrients, in the promotion of health and the treatment of the disease. Dietetics is the specialty dedicated to the design of feeding plans adapted to the needs of healthy people, or as part of the treatment in patients with pathologies or ailments. The nutritionist is the health professional who deals with the nutritional treatment of both ill patients (diabetes, obesity, kidney failure, etc.) and healthy people (diets for athletes, pregnant women, etc.).
- Gabriela Nicola
- Development of personalised nutritional plans.
- Gain or loss of weight.
- Diets for specific pathologies: Diabetes, obesity, nutritional disorders and eating behavior, kidney diseases, hyperlipemia, hypertension, migraines and digestive pathology (Crohn’s disease, intestinal flora regulation, etc.).
- Diets for healthy people: sports, pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss, etc.
- Improvement of the immune system.
- Reduction or control of inflammatory processes.
- Interdisciplinary approach: Department of Endocrinology, Psychology, Psychiatry, etc.
- Clinical analysis: Test A200 Food Intolerance (blood): study of hypersensitivity to 218 foods of the Mediterranean diet (IgG).
- Clinical analysis: Migratest test (blood): determination of the activity of the DAO enzyme to degrade histamine ingested through the diet as a possible cause of migraine.
- Other clinical analysis to determine intolerances and nutritional problems.