Ophthalmology is the medical specialty that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the diseases of the eye and its adjacent structures (the lacrimal system, the ocular musculature and the eyelids).
- Dr. Luis García Padilla
AILMENTS, MEDICAL TESTS, DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
- Diseases of the eyeball (conjunctivitis, keratitis, strabismus, retina, glaucoma, etc.).
- Laser refractive surgery.
- Presbyopia: optical correction with glasses or contact lenses and surgical correction (laser, intraocular lenses, corneal implants).
- Cataracts: laser surgery.
- Retina: retinal detachment, pathology of the macula, diabetic retinopathy, etc.
- Glaucoma: treatment with eye drops, surgery and laser.
- Pediatric ophthalmology: prevention and early diagnosis.
- Ocular plastic surgery: bags in the eyelids (blepharoplasty), lacrimal duct obstruction, etc.
- Advice on the use and maintenance of contact lenses.