Psychiatry is the medical specialty that is responsible for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of mental pathologies. It is dedicated to understanding how mental disorders, combined with biological, psychological and social determinants, condition the patient’s life; and deals with enabling and facilitating their autonomy, offering technical interventions ranging from psychotherapy to psychopharmacology.
- Dr. Jose María Misiego
DISORDERS, DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
- Mood (treatment of depression, etc.).
- Anxiety (treatment of post-traumatic stress and acute stress, generalized anxiety, agoraphobia, specific phobia and social phobia).
- Somatoform disorders, neurasthenia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Factitious disorders.
- Dissociative disorders.
- Personality disorders: delirium, amnestic treatments, dementias, etc.
- Psychotic disorders.
- Substance-related disorders.
- Disorders due to medical illnesses.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Cognitive and functional deficits.
- Pulse control.
- Sleep treatments.